In this lesson students will prepare for and participate in a moot court. Students will play the role of justice/judge, petitioner, or respondent.
The following files are included in this resource:
- Lesson 9—Moot Court: Court is Now in Session (editable Word file)
- Lesson 9—Moot Court: Court is Now in Session (PDF)
This is lesson 9 of 10 in Street Law’s Classroom Guide to Moot Courts. Together, these lessons help set the stage for a successful moot court experience—from understanding the appellate process to granting cert to judicial opinion writing to evaluation tools.
You can access a .PDF of the full Classroom Guide and/or single lessons from the guide using the links below:
- Complete Classroom Guide to Moot Courts (2021 Edition)
- Lesson 1—The Court System: Which Court?
- Lesson 2—The Court System: Appellate Process
- Lesson 3—Deciding to Decide: Granting Cert
- Lesson 4—You Be the Justice
- Lesson 5—Deciphering Opinions
- Lesson 6—Applying Precedent
- Lesson 7—Judicial Opinion Writing
- Lesson 8—Analyzing Oral Argument Questions (Optional - Advanced)
- Lesson 10—Mini-moot Courts (Optional)
- Format: downloadable .pdf and Word .docx (You must create an account and "check out" to download free resources. You will not be required to provide payment information.)
- © 2021 Street Law, Inc. Free for non-commercial educational use. Permissions questions? Email [email protected]
- Author and Contributor Acknowledgments
- Learn more about Street Law's commitment and approach to quality curriculum.