In this lesson students will compose a majority opinion for Mahanoy Area School District v. B.L., hand down (present) their opinion to the class, and compare their opinion with the opinion of the Court.
The following files are included in this resource:
- Lesson 7—Judicial Opinion Writing (editable Word file)
- Lesson 7—Judicial Opinion Writing (PDF)
This is lesson 7 of 10 in Street Law’s Classroom Guide to Moot Courts. Together, these lessons help set the stage for a successful moot court experience—from understanding the appellate process to granting cert to judicial opinion writing to evaluation tools.
You can access a .PDF of the full Classroom Guide and/or single lessons from the guide using the links below:
- Complete Classroom Guide to Moot Courts (2021 Edition)
- Lesson 1—The Court System: Which Court?
- Lesson 2—The Court System: Appellate Process
- Lesson 3—Deciding to Decide: Granting Cert
- Lesson 4—You Be the Justice
- Lesson 5—Deciphering Opinions
- Lesson 6—Applying Precedent
- Lesson 8—Analyzing Oral Argument Questions (Optional - Advanced)
- Lesson 9—Moot Court: Court is Now in Session
- Lesson 10—Mini-moot Courts (Optional)
- Format: downloadable .pdf and Word .docx (You must create an account and "check out" to download free resources. You will not be required to provide payment information.)
- © 2021 Street Law, Inc. Free for non-commercial educational use. Permissions questions? Email [email protected]
- Author and Contributor Acknowledgments
- Learn more about Street Law's commitment and approach to quality curriculum.