In this lesson students learn the procedure for introducing evidence and impeaching witnesses. The lesson culminates in a simulation of witness impeachment during cross-examination.
The following files are included in this resource:
- Lesson 8—Procedures for Evidence (editable Word file)
- Lesson 8—Procedures for Evidence (PDF)
This is lesson 8 of 11 in Street Law’s Classroom Guide to Mock Trials. Together, these lessons help set the stage for a successful mock trial experience—from voir dire to closing arguments to evaluation tools.
You can access a .PDF of the full Classroom Guide and/or single lessons from the guide using the links below:
- Complete Classroom Guide to Mock Trials (2021 Edition)
- Lesson 1—Setting the Scene
- Lesson 2—Steps in a Trial
- Lesson 3—Making of a Jury: Voir Dire
- Lesson 4—Creating a Theory of the Case
- Lesson 5—Opening Statements
- Lesson 6—Composing Questions for Direct and Cross-examination
- Lesson 7—Rules of Evidence
- Lesson 9—Closing Arguments
- Lesson 10—Mock Trial Preparation
- Lesson 11—The Mock Trial
- Practice Trial: People v. Taylor
- Format: downloadable .pdf and Word .docx (You must create an account and "check out" to download free resources. You will not be required to provide payment information.)
- © 2021 Street Law, Inc. Free for non-commercial educational use. Permissions questions? Email [email protected]
- Author and Contributor Acknowledgments
- Learn more about Street Law's commitment and approach to quality curriculum.