- Format: .PDF containing four lesson plans, plus access to web-based ancillary materials (complete curriculum is also available for sale)
- Ideal for: Youth (grade 8 and up) and adults
- Written by: Lena Morreale Scott
- © 2017 Street Law, Inc.
- The purchaser of this product may duplicate the student materials in this text for use in her or his classroom/educational program. Permissions questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unit 1: Housing & Employment Law
- Negotiating & Signing a Residential Lease
- Rights & Responsibilities After Moving Into a Rental Property
- Interviewing for a Job: Know Your Strengths & Your Rights
- Rights & Responsibilities in the Workplace
Street Law's empowering Legal Life Skills lessons are a great option for youth-serving organizations wishing to integrate education about the law into their program offerings. The lessons are designed to boost participant knowledge and build key life skills, like conflict resolution, decision-making, communication, analytical thinking, and advocacy.
The lesson library is an ideal fit for organizations serving:
- Youth in the juvenile justice system
- Youth in the child welfare system
- Crossover youth who are impacted by multiple systems
- Re-entry youth and adults
- LGBTQ+ youth
- Homeless youth and adults
- Youth in alternative education settings
- Girls and women
- Survivors of intimate partner violence
Street Law is available to partner with organizations wishing to train their staff to implement a Legal Life Skills Program.