- Format: downloadable .PDF
- © 2016 Street Law, Inc.
- Free for non-commercial educational use. Permissions questions? Email email@example.com
The Supreme Court Summer Institute for Teachers (SCSI) is a six-day professional development program for secondary social studies teachers. Conducted by Street Law, Inc. and sponsored by the Supreme Court Historical Society, the program aims to improve the quantity and quality of teaching about the Supreme Court of the United States.
This evaluation was conducted by researchers at the College of William and Mary’s School of Education between 2014–2016. Forty-nine participants were surveyed both before and after their participation in the Institute, as was a control group of 54 statistically similar teachers who had not yet attended the program.
The evaluation found that
- Teachers became significantly more confident in using Institute teaching strategies and content.
- Teachers’ use of Institute teaching strategies and content increased.
- Teachers’ knowledge about the Supreme Court grew.